A baby shower is a special gathering to celebrate a mom-to-be, organised by her family and closest friends before her little one enters the world of the hustle and bustle. When you plan a baby shower, it can almost feel like planning a wedding. It’s understandable that if you’re in charge of organising a baby shower, you’ll wish to consider each and every detail. As a host, it is essential that you stay true to the honouree’s personal style and taste. You must consider her favorite decor style, colour preferences, and hobbies.
We suggest that you begin to plan your best friend’s baby shower as soon as you find out they’re expecting because:
- It provides the prospective parents with plenty of time to buy essentials they still require post the shower.
- It gives the mom-to-be abundant energy to enjoy her party.
Baby Shower Checklist
Organizing a successful baby shower begins with staying organized from the get-go and giving yourself time to make everything come to life. To stay on track with your plans, here’s what you should include in your checklist -
- Set a date and time
- Choose location
- Prepare a guest list
- Decide on a theme
- Create invitations
- Mail the invites
- Finalize the menu
- Purchase your gift, props, party favours, or prizes
- Order flowers
- Confirm reservations and catering
- Finalize your guest list
- Shop for food
- Prepare non-perishable food items
- Set up decorations
- Pick-up flowers and balloons
- Assemble perishable items one day in advance
It is quite a task to plan a baby shower that pleases everyone. You must keep in mind that the pregnant mom’s preferences are the priority. Typically, a baby shower includes tasty food, a couple of games, and opening gifts. However, a baby shower is all about honouring whatever the mom-to-be wants. Remember she’s the special one here.
Tips for throwing a Baby Shower
Along with checklist and etiquette guidelines, here are a few tips to keep in mind while throwing a baby shower -
- Choose a theme to tie everything together. Though it isn’t an absolute must, it helps you to make decisions about the several elements of the party, and it’s often a lot of fun for the guests.
- Baby showers aren’t complete without a few fun or silly games. It doesn’t matter if your guest list is competitive or not. You can plan a lot of activities to keep everyone entertained.
- It is common to give out goody bags to those who attended the shower, or you can offer individual prizes to the guests who win the games.
Most importantly, it is an ABSOLUTE MUST to include the mom-to-be in the planning.
Pregnancy is a very special experience for the to-be parents. You must plan a baby shower to celebrate the mommy-to-be by choosing some out-of-the-box ideas as a starting point for the baby bash. However, think long and hard before settling to throw a surprise baby shower. Also, if the parents-to-be are not fond of surprises, it may turn out to be awkward, and the party won’t be as memorable as you had hoped.
Use what works for you and enjoy the shower with the parents-to-be.
Happy Party Planning!